Be a part of Wilkinson Center’s Annual Turkey Basket Drive and Distribution as volunteers collect and distribute Thanksgiving baskets to hundreds of families. Sponsor a Thanksgiving basket for a family in need by purchasing the food and a turkey voucher for a family’s Thanksgiving dinner. What’s in a Thanksgiving Basket?
· Basket/Container for the food. Be festive and creative!! Let the basket/container that holds the food reflect your holiday traditions. This is sharing your family with another family.
· $20.00 (cash or check payable to 1st UU). Wilkinson Center will purchase gift check vouchers from Butterball. Gift checks do not expire; can be used towards a turkey, ham and other food items to accommodate vegetarian recipients.
· Canned vegetables: For example: green beans, corn, green peas, cranberry etc.
· Gravy (jar or mix)
· Boxed stuffing/dressing mix and/or boxed potato mix
· Bread, Rolls or cornbread mix
· Pumpkin or Pecan pie
· Include any of the food items that are part of your Thanksgiving Celebration
· Festive paper plates and table ware
· Thanksgiving decorations
TWO VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
1. Donate one or more Thanksgiving Baskets. Co-sponsor a basket with another family. Bring your baskets to the Community Service table on November 12. You may also deliver your basket to the distribution location (below) on November 16.
2. Volunteer for a distribution shift to help hand out baskets to Wilkinson Center families. Slots fill up quickly, so sign up early for a spot.